January 26, 2011

Blog Topic #3

Southeast Asia is a culturally diverse region that many Americans know relatively little about.  Video clips can help since they are a great way to see differences in culture, climate, or physical geography between and within regions.  Videos also assist in filling in our "mental maps" with images connected to place.

In this post I want you to embed a video clip from a country in Southeast Asia.  Your video should come from a reliable source, such as a news agency or organization, although I will leave this to your better judgement.  One excellent source for video clips is National Geographic, where you can search a database of hundreds of clips by topic or country.

Or, you can post one that you made, like this one, showing some goofy guy from Nebraska nearly getting killed outside the Russian Market in Phnom Phen, Cambodia.



Or this one riding a Tuk Tuk.


After your video clip write about why you selected the video and what it says about the geography of the country.  Enjoy geograhers!

2 comments:

  1. Question: So I picked my video from NatGeo's website but I can't find a way to get that into my blog. BLogger only accepts YouTube video or video from my computer but I can't find how to download the NatGeo video into my YouTube or this computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete